Healthy By Nature – one-day meeting
Join this one-day meeting to discuss the benefits of nature for health and wellbeing, and how the access and provision can be improved.
The programme includes talks by Steve Trotter (the Wildlife Trusts Director for England), Juliet Sargeant, (garden designer, former medical doctor, and TV presenter), and Neil Chadborn (Research Fellow in Medical and Health Sciences at the University of Nottingham).
Workshop sessions include:
- Sensory Stroll at Attenborough – Learn about Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust’s work with dementia support groups, try some sensory activities, and discuss issues around accessibility for all while enjoying a short walk at this beautiful nature reserve.
- Ecotherapy in action– Learn how Framework’s ’Nature in Mind’ project is using nature to improve the mental health of vulnerable people
- Wellbeing benefits of outdoor education – Hear about the latest research in this area and discuss how best to incorporate outdoor learning
- Nature networking – Lots of groups are working on ecotherapy and other similar projects. Join the discussion on how we can share best practice, successes, challenges and who’s doing what.
- Finding the funding – Discuss upcoming funding opportunities, identify potential partners and seek more sustainable funding options for successful projects.
There will also be plenty of time for networking and discussion.
If you have any questions about the event or registration, email Sarah Pierce.